2015 forward Moustapha Diagne committed to Syracuse during the Mary Kline Classic at West Orange High School.
“It’s a good school, they have a good basketball program,” Diagne said to SNY.tv. “And Coach [Adrian] Autry, we built a good relationship and I feel comfortable with Syracuse.”
Diagne is ranked the fourth overall power forward in the 2015 class, and No. 24 overall by Scout.com. Diagne visited Syracuse three times, including Syracuse’s dramatic 91-89 win over Duke in overtime on Feb. 1.
Diagne joins a monster Syracuse class, which includes shooting guard Malachi Richardson, combo guard Frank Howard and power forward Tyler Lydon.
The Pope John XXIII product had whittled his list down to Memphis and Syracuse, and also held offers from a slew of other schools including Villanova, Rutgers. St. John’s, Cincinnati, UConn, Seton Hall and West Virginia.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016