A quick take on Syracuse’s 10-8 win against Binghamton on Wednesday evening:
WHAT HAPPENED: Syracuse overcame a first half plagued with turnovers and lost faceoffs to put away a feisty but mediocre Binghamton Bearcats squad. After the ‘Cats took a 6-5 lead early in the 3rd quarter, the Orange stepped up the intensity and ripped off a 4-0 run to go ahead for good. Even then, the Orange continued making silly mistakes, including a turnover in front of an empty net that should have led to a Binghamton goal. The Bearcats refused to go quietly, pulling within 1 in the final frame, but the Orange managed to hold on for the win.
WHAT IT MEANS: Those looking for the Orange to ride some momentum after its thrilling victory over Notre Dame were sorely disappointed. The Orange came out sloppy and unfocused, losing all 6 faceoffs in the first quarter, before getting into a groove in the 3rd quarter and nearly falling apart in the 4th. With its 1-3 conference record and much tougher games to come, this team clearly has plenty of work to do if this season is going to be counted anything other than a disappointment.
STAR GAZING: Chris Daddio had a rough night to start at the X, but he won four draws in a row during the third quarter, leading to 4 SU goals and turning a 1-goal deficit in to a 3-goal lead. The Orange distributed the scoring nicely, but Kevin Rice scored twice, including a game-sealing empty netter with 38 seconds left. He added two assists.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse will travel to Ithaca to take on Cornell on Tuesday, April 8 at 7 p.m.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Louisiana Tech 69 - December 14, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Loyola 37 - November 25, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Louisville 28 - October 3, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 19, Colgate 6 - May 3, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 11, North Carolina 10 - April 12, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Binghamton 8 - April 2, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Georgia Tech 67 - March 4, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, Boston College 62 (OT) - February 19, 2014
- Enigmatic Syracuse forward Rakeem Christmas showcases offensive improvement - January 20, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, North Carolina 45 - January 11, 2014