Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in to talk about SU hoops with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to chat about the Orange’s upcoming game with Duke.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/132004662″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You wrote the forward to Bud Poliquin’s updated book Tales from the Syracuse Orange’s Locker Room. He updated the last 10 years of the program. What is your personal favorite during this period of time?
Leo Rautins: Oh boy, there’s been so many of them. I think Bud has done a tremendous job of capturing all of the great moments and the history of Syracuse basketball and excitement. But for me, having my son play for Syracuse was tremendous. It was kind of reliving a little myself and to watch him grow as a player from hardly getting any playing time to helping his team to become No. 1 in the country his senior year was just phenomenal.
TJO: What are your thoughts on the current team?
LR: Obviously, like everyone else, I can’t tell you how impressed I am with Tyler Ennis. I got a chance to watch Syracuse a lot over the summer and really get a feel for this team. And Tyler, he just knocked my socks off right away. He just doesn’t play like a freshman, doesn’t think like a freshman […] This team, I believe, has exceeded everybody’s expectations for the season. People knew they’d be a good team, but to be this good and play this well, it’s been really impressive.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in
3. How is Andy doing?
4. Thoughts on this year’s team
5. The ‘Golden Age’ of Canadian basketball
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Close win over Miami
7. Trap game against Wake Forest?
8. Looking forward to Duke
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017