Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in to talk about SU hoops with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to chat about the Orange’s upcoming game with Duke.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/132004662″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You wrote the forward to Bud Poliquin’s updated book Tales from the Syracuse Orange’s Locker Room. He updated the last 10 years of the program. What is your personal favorite during this period of time?
Leo Rautins: Oh boy, there’s been so many of them. I think Bud has done a tremendous job of capturing all of the great moments and the history of Syracuse basketball and excitement. But for me, having my son play for Syracuse was tremendous. It was kind of reliving a little myself and to watch him grow as a player from hardly getting any playing time to helping his team to become No. 1 in the country his senior year was just phenomenal.
TJO: What are your thoughts on the current team?
LR: Obviously, like everyone else, I can’t tell you how impressed I am with Tyler Ennis. I got a chance to watch Syracuse a lot over the summer and really get a feel for this team. And Tyler, he just knocked my socks off right away. He just doesn’t play like a freshman, doesn’t think like a freshman […] This team, I believe, has exceeded everybody’s expectations for the season. People knew they’d be a good team, but to be this good and play this well, it’s been really impressive.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in
3. How is Andy doing?
4. Thoughts on this year’s team
5. The ‘Golden Age’ of Canadian basketball
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Close win over Miami
7. Trap game against Wake Forest?
8. Looking forward to Duke
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017