Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in to talk about SU hoops with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to chat about the Orange’s upcoming game with Duke.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/132004662″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You wrote the forward to Bud Poliquin’s updated book Tales from the Syracuse Orange’s Locker Room. He updated the last 10 years of the program. What is your personal favorite during this period of time?
Leo Rautins: Oh boy, there’s been so many of them. I think Bud has done a tremendous job of capturing all of the great moments and the history of Syracuse basketball and excitement. But for me, having my son play for Syracuse was tremendous. It was kind of reliving a little myself and to watch him grow as a player from hardly getting any playing time to helping his team to become No. 1 in the country his senior year was just phenomenal.
TJO: What are your thoughts on the current team?
LR: Obviously, like everyone else, I can’t tell you how impressed I am with Tyler Ennis. I got a chance to watch Syracuse a lot over the summer and really get a feel for this team. And Tyler, he just knocked my socks off right away. He just doesn’t play like a freshman, doesn’t think like a freshman […] This team, I believe, has exceeded everybody’s expectations for the season. People knew they’d be a good team, but to be this good and play this well, it’s been really impressive.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in
3. How is Andy doing?
4. Thoughts on this year’s team
5. The ‘Golden Age’ of Canadian basketball
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Close win over Miami
7. Trap game against Wake Forest?
8. Looking forward to Duke
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016