Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in to talk about SU hoops with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to chat about the Orange’s upcoming game with Duke.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You wrote the forward to Bud Poliquin’s updated book Tales from the Syracuse Orange’s Locker Room. He updated the last 10 years of the program. What is your personal favorite during this period of time?
Leo Rautins: Oh boy, there’s been so many of them. I think Bud has done a tremendous job of capturing all of the great moments and the history of Syracuse basketball and excitement. But for me, having my son play for Syracuse was tremendous. It was kind of reliving a little myself and to watch him grow as a player from hardly getting any playing time to helping his team to become No. 1 in the country his senior year was just phenomenal.
TJO: What are your thoughts on the current team?
LR: Obviously, like everyone else, I can’t tell you how impressed I am with Tyler Ennis. I got a chance to watch Syracuse a lot over the summer and really get a feel for this team. And Tyler, he just knocked my socks off right away. He just doesn’t play like a freshman, doesn’t think like a freshman […] This team, I believe, has exceeded everybody’s expectations for the season. People knew they’d be a good team, but to be this good and play this well, it’s been really impressive.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Raptors and NBA TV analyst, and Syracuse legend Leo Rautins calls in
3. How is Andy doing?
4. Thoughts on this year’s team
5. The ‘Golden Age’ of Canadian basketball
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Close win over Miami
7. Trap game against Wake Forest?
8. Looking forward to Duke
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 54, Duke 73 - February 28, 2015
- If Syracuse basketball was eligible, it would be squarely on the bubble - February 27, 2015
- Tyus Battle injures foot with Michigan, Notre Dame watching — Cuse Clicks - February 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Notre Dame 60 - February 24, 2015
- 2016 forward Kassoum Yakwe to visit Iowa State — Cuse Clicks - February 24, 2015
- Combo guard Kobi Simmons has racked up 39 offers — Cuse Clicks - February 23, 2015
- Former Syracuse star CJ Fair to Orange fans: ‘Keep hope alive’ - February 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 65 - February 21, 2015
- Louisville, Florida and Ohio State to watch 5-star Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - February 20, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 69, Louisville 59 - February 18, 2015