The NCAA early signing period for basketball runs from Nov. 13-20, and even with Tuesday’s commitment by Trey Lyles to Kentucky, there’s still a slew of elite prospects and future NBA lottery picks left on the board. Arguably the best wing in the Class of 2014, Stanley Johnson is a winner, pure and simple. His team won the Nike Peach Jam in 2012, when he played alongside current Arizona freshman Aaron Gordon on a team that beat Andrew Wiggins and CIA Bounce in the final. The 6-6 Johnson lists Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Oregon and USC. He visited USC this past weekend and came away impressed. It wouldn’t be a shocker if he stayed home and played for new coach Andy Enfield, although Arizona and Kentucky remain strong suitors.
- 10 top committed and uncommitted prep prospects
- Syracuse basketball’s top 2016 prospects
- B.J. Johnson struggles to find shooting stroke
- Brandon Triche misses ‘female attention’ in Italy
- Where does Michael Carter-Williams breakout week stand?
- A case to be made for Stand and Clap
- Scott Shafer relays Wilmeth Sidat-Singh story to Syracuse players
- Pressure is on Carmelo Anthony to deliver