Ryan Murray from CuseConfidential.com calls in to talk Syracuse football and basketball recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Murray talks about football recruits Thomas Holley and Nile Sykes, and also basketball recruits Moustapha Diagne and Isaiah Briscoe. Wes also sounds off on Syracuse’s blowout win against Tulane over the weekend and the upcoming Clemson game.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/112460020″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The Juice Online: How good of a prospect is New York City defensive tackle Thomas Holley? And how is Syracuse looking to land someone of his caliber?
Ryan Murray: Thomas Holley is definitely deserving of his rank and the notoriety that he’s getting this year. He’s got great size at around 6’4″, 6’5″, and he’s a defensive tackle that is under 300 pounds, coming in around the 280 mark. He’s a big body, high motor guy and he’s got great footwork. He used to play basketball and at one time he was one of the top basketball recruits, then he switched to football and saw a brighter future there. He’s bringing all of his work ethic and enthusiasm into the defensive tackle position and he is one of the top defensive tackles in the east coast, if not overall in the country. Syracuse is sitting in the top five range. They’re working out an official visit in the next few weeks.
The Juice Online: Switching to basketball, tell us about 2015 recruit Moustapha Diagne.
RM: Diagne is one of the highest rising players in his class. Last year when he first got to America, he was a borderline top 150 guy, maybe on the outside looking in, and then he moved up after the basketball season last year. He just continues to move up and he’s in the top 25 range. He’s just two or three spots from being in the five star range. He’s got a very good upside.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Ryan Murray from CuseConfidential.com calls in
3. Talking recruiting – football and basketball
4. The state of the football team
5. Wins over Wagner and Tulane
6. Looking ahead to ACC action against Clemson.
7. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017