Ryan Murray from CuseConfidential.com calls in to talk Syracuse football and basketball recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Murray talks about football recruits Thomas Holley and Nile Sykes, and also basketball recruits Moustapha Diagne and Isaiah Briscoe. Wes also sounds off on Syracuse’s blowout win against Tulane over the weekend and the upcoming Clemson game.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/112460020″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The Juice Online: How good of a prospect is New York City defensive tackle Thomas Holley? And how is Syracuse looking to land someone of his caliber?
Ryan Murray: Thomas Holley is definitely deserving of his rank and the notoriety that he’s getting this year. He’s got great size at around 6’4″, 6’5″, and he’s a defensive tackle that is under 300 pounds, coming in around the 280 mark. He’s a big body, high motor guy and he’s got great footwork. He used to play basketball and at one time he was one of the top basketball recruits, then he switched to football and saw a brighter future there. He’s bringing all of his work ethic and enthusiasm into the defensive tackle position and he is one of the top defensive tackles in the east coast, if not overall in the country. Syracuse is sitting in the top five range. They’re working out an official visit in the next few weeks.
The Juice Online: Switching to basketball, tell us about 2015 recruit Moustapha Diagne.
RM: Diagne is one of the highest rising players in his class. Last year when he first got to America, he was a borderline top 150 guy, maybe on the outside looking in, and then he moved up after the basketball season last year. He just continues to move up and he’s in the top 25 range. He’s just two or three spots from being in the five star range. He’s got a very good upside.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Ryan Murray from CuseConfidential.com calls in
3. Talking recruiting – football and basketball
4. The state of the football team
5. Wins over Wagner and Tulane
6. Looking ahead to ACC action against Clemson.
7. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016