Syracuse forward CJ Fair is still on the fence about his decision to enter the NBA draft, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim told SNY.tv on Tuesday.
Fair is expected to have a press conference sometime this week to formally announce his decision.
“No, I don’t think so, I don’t think so,” Boeheim said when he was asked if Fair would announce Tuesday. “We’re going to have to wait and see what happens there.”
Fair led the team in scoring (14.5 ppg), rebounding (6.9 rpg) and 3-point shooting (46% 3pt) during his junior season. He lead Syracuse to the national semifinals, where they were eliminated by Michigan.
Boeheim’s statement followed a day where two conflicting reports came out about Fair’s future. NBA.com’s David Aldridge said that Fair would be entering the draft, but in a later report, BustingBrackets.com’s Evan Williams said that Fair was staying for his senior season.
Fair’s name doesn’t appear on the 2013 mock draft board on NBAdraft.net.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016