Syracuse forward CJ Fair is still on the fence about his decision to enter the NBA draft, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim told SNY.tv on Tuesday.
Fair is expected to have a press conference sometime this week to formally announce his decision.
“No, I don’t think so, I don’t think so,” Boeheim said when he was asked if Fair would announce Tuesday. “We’re going to have to wait and see what happens there.”
Fair led the team in scoring (14.5 ppg), rebounding (6.9 rpg) and 3-point shooting (46% 3pt) during his junior season. He lead Syracuse to the national semifinals, where they were eliminated by Michigan.
Boeheim’s statement followed a day where two conflicting reports came out about Fair’s future. NBA.com’s David Aldridge said that Fair would be entering the draft, but in a later report, BustingBrackets.com’s Evan Williams said that Fair was staying for his senior season.
Fair’s name doesn’t appear on the 2013 mock draft board on NBAdraft.net.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017