Syracuse, which has won its last three games by a combined three goals, will put its four game winning streak on the line when it hosts Hobart on Tuesday in its final home game of the season.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse, down five goals in the fourth quarter, forced eight Rutgers turnovers, and rallied to an improbable 12-11 win at the Carrier Dome. Derek Maltz scored the game-tying and game-winning goal, the last coming with 10 seconds left to complete the Orange comeback.
IN HOBART’S LAST GAME: The Statesmen had their own thriller, as Jake McHenry scored with 49 seconds left in double-overtime to give Hobart a 9-8 win over Bellarmine on Saturday. The Statesmen were lead by Alex Love’s four goals. It marked the first time in school history that the Statesmen won consecutive overtime games.
SCOUTING THE STATESMEN: Once again, Love has been the key to Hobart’s offense. He was an All-ECAC Second Team selection in 2012 while setting a school record with 38 goals. The junior attackman is second in the nation in goals average, with more than three goals a game, and ripped SU for four goals last year. His partner on offense has been Cam Stone, who leads the team with 26 assists, and has chipped in 15 goals.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange have a 71-25-2 all time series lead against Hobart, including a 13-12 win at Geneva last year. Syracuse and Hobart will meet for the 99th time in history. It will also be the 28th year that the two teams will compete for the Kraus-Simmons Trophy. Syracuse has the trophy 25 times during its existence including every match since 2006. The other time Hobart won the trophy was in 1987. The trophy is named for Roy Simmons Jr. and Babe Kraus, who each won over 200 games in their head coaching careers. The teams first met on April 26, 1916, SU’s first-ever varsity opponent.
GAME INFORMATION: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm ET at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. TV: TWCS.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016