The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Syracuse football among Moe Neal’s top five — Cuse Clicks - May 4, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse named No. 2 seed for NCAA Tournament, will face Bryant or Marist - May 4, 2015
- Behind Galasso’s late goals, Syracuse lacrosse defeats Colgate - May 3, 2015
- VJ King cuts list to five schools, Syracuse out — Cuse Clicks - May 1, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse concludes regular season against Colgate - May 1, 2015
- Q&A with Syracuse OL Sean Hickey on NFL Draft - April 30, 2015
- Ohio State a long shot to land 2016 star VJ King — Cuse Clicks - April 29, 2015
- Galasso: Syracuse lacrosse winning ACC Championship a ‘big accomplishment’ - April 29, 2015
- Robert Washington, after some confusion, commits to Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - April 27, 2015
- Tyus Battle could make college decision as early as June — Cuse Clicks - April 24, 2015