The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017