The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Recruiting Roundup: Eric Burrell spurns Syracuse; Calipari to watch Nick Richards - October 13, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Tyrek Tisdale offered by Syracuse; Devron Davis trims list - October 9, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida football trio sets visit dates to Syracuse - October 8, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 OLB Tyshon Fogg showing interest in Syracuse - October 7, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: QB Lindsey Scott commits to Syracuse - October 6, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Christopher Clark down to Syracuse, Pittsburgh - October 5, 2015
- Against ranked opponent, Zack Mahoney outdueled Syracuse predecessors - October 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Zachary Sweeney, KJ Britt, Florida trio - October 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 OL Kadeem Telfort offered by Syracuse - October 1, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Chris Clark will visit Syracuse; Kevin Knox nets SU offer - September 30, 2015