The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017