The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017