The Syracuse-Georgetown game on Saturday has sold out, SU announced on Tuesday afternoon. The final ticket count was 35,012, which will be a new on-campus college attendance record.
It will be the final time that the Orange and Hoyas play each other as members of the Big East. The Orange is moving to the ACC on July 1, 2013.
The last time these two teams met, Kris Joseph scored 29 points to lead the Orange past the Hoyas, 64-61, on Feb. 8, 2012. Syracuse owns a 48-39 advantage in the all-times series, and has won five of the last seven meetings.
The previous on-campus record was 34,616 set on Feb. 27, 2010 when SU played Villanova.
The game will be televised on CBS at 4 p.m., and former SU standout Carmelo Anthony will have his jersey retired at the game.
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson visits Rutgers, plans Syracuse trip - September 3, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse football active as open contact period starts - September 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Who will Syracuse pursue now that Robert Washington is out? - September 1, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015