Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 9 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday afternoon.
The Orange, ranked No. 6 last week, are on a two game losing streak. They were defeated by Pittsburgh 65-55 on Saturday in their only game last week. SU will play No. 25 Notre Dame Monday night at the Carrier Dome and also host St. John’s on Saturday at home.
Indiana, which defeated previously No. 1 Michigan on Saturday, reclaimed the top spot in the rankings with 58 first place votes. The Wolverines dropped to No. 3. Florida is the No. 2 team with 7 first place votes, while Kansas rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East teams included No. 11 Louisville, No. 20 Georgetown, No. 23 Pittsburgh and No. 24 Marquette.
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016