Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 9 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday afternoon.
The Orange, ranked No. 6 last week, are on a two game losing streak. They were defeated by Pittsburgh 65-55 on Saturday in their only game last week. SU will play No. 25 Notre Dame Monday night at the Carrier Dome and also host St. John’s on Saturday at home.
Indiana, which defeated previously No. 1 Michigan on Saturday, reclaimed the top spot in the rankings with 58 first place votes. The Wolverines dropped to No. 3. Florida is the No. 2 team with 7 first place votes, while Kansas rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East teams included No. 11 Louisville, No. 20 Georgetown, No. 23 Pittsburgh and No. 24 Marquette.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Eric Coley, Allen Stritzinger, Cameron Jordan, Dakota Davis to Syracuse - June 27, 2016
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson - June 21, 2016