Syracuse moved up one spot to No. 6 in the AP poll, released on Monday afternoon.
Louisville is the new No. 1 team after last week’s No. 1 and No. 2 teams, Duke and Michigan, lost over the weekend. The Cardinals received 36 of 65 possible first place votes, while 13 first place votes went to current No. 2 Indiana.
Duke dropped to No. 3, but still received 14 first-place votes. Kansas and Michigan rounded out the top five, each receiving one first-place vote.
Syracuse went 2-0 last week with wins over Providence and Villanova. Fair led the way in those wins, and was named Big East Player of the Week after averaging 22.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in those games. Last week, Triche took home Player of the Week honors.
Syracuse will play Louisville on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Yum! Center.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (20) and Marquette (25).
- South Florida Bulls — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 1, 2015
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015
- Chris McCullough predicts November return to Brooklyn Nets - June 26, 2015
- Former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas lands with Cleveland Cavaliers - June 25, 2015
- Former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough drafted by Brooklyn Nets - June 25, 2015
- Mike Hopkins will officially succeed Jim Boeheim, Syracuse says - June 25, 2015
- Syracuse football, three others are finalists for touted WR KJ Gray — Cuse Clicks - June 25, 2015