Syracuse moved up one spot to No. 6 in the AP poll, released on Monday afternoon.
Louisville is the new No. 1 team after last week’s No. 1 and No. 2 teams, Duke and Michigan, lost over the weekend. The Cardinals received 36 of 65 possible first place votes, while 13 first place votes went to current No. 2 Indiana.
Duke dropped to No. 3, but still received 14 first-place votes. Kansas and Michigan rounded out the top five, each receiving one first-place vote.
Syracuse went 2-0 last week with wins over Providence and Villanova. Fair led the way in those wins, and was named Big East Player of the Week after averaging 22.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in those games. Last week, Triche took home Player of the Week honors.
Syracuse will play Louisville on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Yum! Center.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (20) and Marquette (25).
- Jake Pickard — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 30, 2016
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Eric Coley, Allen Stritzinger, Cameron Jordan, Dakota Davis to Syracuse - June 27, 2016
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016