Syracuse moved up one spot to No. 6 in the AP poll, released on Monday afternoon.
Louisville is the new No. 1 team after last week’s No. 1 and No. 2 teams, Duke and Michigan, lost over the weekend. The Cardinals received 36 of 65 possible first place votes, while 13 first place votes went to current No. 2 Indiana.
Duke dropped to No. 3, but still received 14 first-place votes. Kansas and Michigan rounded out the top five, each receiving one first-place vote.
Syracuse went 2-0 last week with wins over Providence and Villanova. Fair led the way in those wins, and was named Big East Player of the Week after averaging 22.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in those games. Last week, Triche took home Player of the Week honors.
Syracuse will play Louisville on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Yum! Center.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (20) and Marquette (25).
- What should Syracuse basketball expect from Kaleb Joseph in year two? - April 1, 2015
- Thomas Bryant says Syracuse has a scholarship available for him — Cuse Clicks - March 31, 2015
- Thomas Bryant to pick college following Dick’s Nationals in April — Cuse Clicks - March 30, 2015
- Notre Dame hands Syracuse lacrosse its first loss of the season - March 29, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015