Syracuse moved up one spot to No. 6 in the AP poll, released on Monday afternoon.
Louisville is the new No. 1 team after last week’s No. 1 and No. 2 teams, Duke and Michigan, lost over the weekend. The Cardinals received 36 of 65 possible first place votes, while 13 first place votes went to current No. 2 Indiana.
Duke dropped to No. 3, but still received 14 first-place votes. Kansas and Michigan rounded out the top five, each receiving one first-place vote.
Syracuse went 2-0 last week with wins over Providence and Villanova. Fair led the way in those wins, and was named Big East Player of the Week after averaging 22.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in those games. Last week, Triche took home Player of the Week honors.
Syracuse will play Louisville on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Yum! Center.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (20) and Marquette (25).
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014
- St. John’s Red Storm — 2014-15 Syracuse basketball scouting report with Storm the Paint - December 5, 2014