Syracuse moved up one spot to No. 6 in the AP poll, released on Monday afternoon.
Louisville is the new No. 1 team after last week’s No. 1 and No. 2 teams, Duke and Michigan, lost over the weekend. The Cardinals received 36 of 65 possible first place votes, while 13 first place votes went to current No. 2 Indiana.
Duke dropped to No. 3, but still received 14 first-place votes. Kansas and Michigan rounded out the top five, each receiving one first-place vote.
Syracuse went 2-0 last week with wins over Providence and Villanova. Fair led the way in those wins, and was named Big East Player of the Week after averaging 22.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in those games. Last week, Triche took home Player of the Week honors.
Syracuse will play Louisville on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Yum! Center.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (20) and Marquette (25).
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017