Syracuse remained steady at No. 7 in the AP basketball poll released on Monday afternoon.
Duke received 62 first place votes to take the top spot. Michigan was second in the poll with 3 first place votes. The rest of the top five was rounded out by Louisville, Arizona and Indiana.
Syracuse went 3-0 last week, with wins over Rutgers, USF and Central Connecticut State. In the two Big East games, Brandon Triche averaged 22.5 points per game, and was named Big East Player of the Week.
The Orange will play at Providence on Wednesday before returning home to play Villanova on Saturday.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (17), Georgetown (19) and Cincinnati (21).
- McAllister: Syracuse currently ‘favorite’ to land Quade Green, Oahae Brissett - October 26, 2016
- What kind of senior season will Tyler Roberson have at Syracuse? - October 25, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016