Syracuse remained steady at No. 7 in the AP basketball poll released on Monday afternoon.
Duke received 62 first place votes to take the top spot. Michigan was second in the poll with 3 first place votes. The rest of the top five was rounded out by Louisville, Arizona and Indiana.
Syracuse went 3-0 last week, with wins over Rutgers, USF and Central Connecticut State. In the two Big East games, Brandon Triche averaged 22.5 points per game, and was named Big East Player of the Week.
The Orange will play at Providence on Wednesday before returning home to play Villanova on Saturday.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (17), Georgetown (19) and Cincinnati (21).
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015
- Chris McCullough predicts November return to Brooklyn Nets - June 26, 2015
- Former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas lands with Cleveland Cavaliers - June 25, 2015
- Former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough drafted by Brooklyn Nets - June 25, 2015
- Mike Hopkins will officially succeed Jim Boeheim, Syracuse says - June 25, 2015
- Syracuse football, three others are finalists for touted WR KJ Gray — Cuse Clicks - June 25, 2015
- NBA experts weigh in on former Syracuse players Chris McCullough, Rakeem Christmas - June 25, 2015