Syracuse remained steady at No. 7 in the AP basketball poll released on Monday afternoon.
Duke received 62 first place votes to take the top spot. Michigan was second in the poll with 3 first place votes. The rest of the top five was rounded out by Louisville, Arizona and Indiana.
Syracuse went 3-0 last week, with wins over Rutgers, USF and Central Connecticut State. In the two Big East games, Brandon Triche averaged 22.5 points per game, and was named Big East Player of the Week.
The Orange will play at Providence on Wednesday before returning home to play Villanova on Saturday.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (17), Georgetown (19) and Cincinnati (21).
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Najee Clayton to visit Orange on Saturday - October 31, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 guard Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ to Duke - October 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Wolfpack — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 28, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval has ‘pretty good’ visit to Orange Madness - October 27, 2014
- Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 — What we learned - October 27, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 - October 25, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Malachi Richardson among top talent in 8Eye Classic - October 24, 2014
- Philadephia 76ers forward Jerami Grant: I miss ‘everything’ about Syracuse - October 24, 2014
- NCAA investigating Syracuse men’s basketball, football programs - October 24, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Nate Pierre-Louis drawing high-major interest - October 20, 2014