Syracuse remained steady at No. 7 in the AP basketball poll released on Monday afternoon.
Duke received 62 first place votes to take the top spot. Michigan was second in the poll with 3 first place votes. The rest of the top five was rounded out by Louisville, Arizona and Indiana.
Syracuse went 3-0 last week, with wins over Rutgers, USF and Central Connecticut State. In the two Big East games, Brandon Triche averaged 22.5 points per game, and was named Big East Player of the Week.
The Orange will play at Providence on Wednesday before returning home to play Villanova on Saturday.
Other ranked Big East teams included Notre Dame (17), Georgetown (19) and Cincinnati (21).
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016