Syracuse coach Doug Marrone will interview for the head coaching positions with the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Tuesday night.
The Browns fired their GM and head coach, Pat Shurmur and Tom Heckert, on Monday. Similarly, the Bills fired coach Chan Gailey earlier in the week.
Marrone has become a rising star in NFL circles this season, leading the Orange to an 8-5 record an a 38-14 win over West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl. Marrone was previously offensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints under Sean Payton.
Following SU’s win in the Pinstripe Bowl, The Juice Online’s Brad Bierman asked Marrone about his future coaching prospects in the NFL. Marrone’s smile disappeared when he responded.
“I just want to enjoy this victory,” he said before departing back inside the victorious ‘Cuse locker room.
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017