Syracuse and San Diego State’s game aboard the USS Midway has been moved from Nov. 9 to Nov. 11 because of weather concerns, the schools announced Tuesday afternoon.
The forecast called for rain on Friday, so the schools decided to push the “Battle on the Midway” to Sunday at 4 p.m. EST.
“We remain committed to this once-in-a-lifetime experience for our student-athletes and our fans.” said Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross in a release. “We are very sorry for the inconvenience this change may have caused our fans. The weather predictions have forced the postponement.”
According to Weather.com, it will be 67 degrees and sunny with a zero percent chance of rain and winds at 8 mph in San Diego on Sunday.
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016