Syracuse and San Diego State’s game aboard the USS Midway has been moved from Nov. 9 to Nov. 11 because of weather concerns, the schools announced Tuesday afternoon.
The forecast called for rain on Friday, so the schools decided to push the “Battle on the Midway” to Sunday at 4 p.m. EST.
“We remain committed to this once-in-a-lifetime experience for our student-athletes and our fans.” said Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross in a release. “We are very sorry for the inconvenience this change may have caused our fans. The weather predictions have forced the postponement.”
According to Weather.com, it will be 67 degrees and sunny with a zero percent chance of rain and winds at 8 mph in San Diego on Sunday.
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016
- 2016 NCAA Tournament: Predictions for Syracuse basketball - March 17, 2016
- Freshmen struggle in loss - February 18, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Dino Babers a home run hire for Syracuse football - December 7, 2015
- Mixed Juice: Reaction to Syracuse firing football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015