Syracuse and San Diego State’s game aboard the USS Midway has been moved from Nov. 9 to Nov. 11 because of weather concerns, the schools announced Tuesday afternoon.
The forecast called for rain on Friday, so the schools decided to push the “Battle on the Midway” to Sunday at 4 p.m. EST.
“We remain committed to this once-in-a-lifetime experience for our student-athletes and our fans.” said Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross in a release. “We are very sorry for the inconvenience this change may have caused our fans. The weather predictions have forced the postponement.”
According to Weather.com, it will be 67 degrees and sunny with a zero percent chance of rain and winds at 8 mph in San Diego on Sunday.
- Mixed Juice: Reaction to Syracuse firing football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Syracuse Odds Update on the 2015-16 NCAA Basketball Season - November 20, 2015
- Orange in the NBA - October 29, 2015
- Syracuse football: Defense & Special Teams report card through four games - October 7, 2015
- Syracuse football: Offense report card through four games - October 5, 2015
- Mixed Juice: What is the impact of Syracuse losing Moustapha Diagne? - August 24, 2015
- What is the significance of Syracuse football restoring 44? - May 22, 2015
- Early 2015-16 Odds Update on the Orange - May 22, 2015
- 2015 NCAA Tournament predictions: Syracuse lacrosse will win it all - May 7, 2015
- Michael Carter-Williams gets hit twice as Bucks eliminated - May 1, 2015