Each week over the summer, The Juice Online will be counting down the top 15 players in Syracuse basketball history. Roosevelt Bouie is No. 6 on our list.
WHY HE’S NO. 6: Bouie teamed with Louis Orr to form the Bouie N’ Louie show. He was one of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim’s first recruits, and the duo led Syracuse to a 100-18 record during their four year run. In his senior season, he averaged 16.1 points and 8.1 rebounds a game and was a First Team All Big East selection. He’s 12th all-time in career scoring (1,560 points), sixth in career rebounds (987) and second in career blocked shots (327) at SU.
AFTER SYRACUSE: In the 1980 NBA draft, Bouie was taken with the 34th overall pick by the Dallas Mavericks. However, Bouie would never play in the NBA, opting to go to Europe. He played 13 seasons in Italy, winning the 1992 European championship.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016