Each week over the summer, The Juice Online will be counting down the top 15 players in Syracuse basketball history. Roosevelt Bouie is No. 6 on our list.
WHY HE’S NO. 6: Bouie teamed with Louis Orr to form the Bouie N’ Louie show. He was one of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim’s first recruits, and the duo led Syracuse to a 100-18 record during their four year run. In his senior season, he averaged 16.1 points and 8.1 rebounds a game and was a First Team All Big East selection. He’s 12th all-time in career scoring (1,560 points), sixth in career rebounds (987) and second in career blocked shots (327) at SU.
AFTER SYRACUSE: In the 1980 NBA draft, Bouie was taken with the 34th overall pick by the Dallas Mavericks. However, Bouie would never play in the NBA, opting to go to Europe. He played 13 seasons in Italy, winning the 1992 European championship.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017