Eamon McAnaney is an on-air host, a play-by-play announcer and reporter for SNY and ESPN. He has also spent time at MSG Network, NBA TV and TNT Sports. Prior to his journalism career, McAnaney was a four-year letter winner at Notre Dame and captain in 1991 on men’s lacrosse as a defenseman.
We spoke with McAnaney to break down Syracuse’s chances in the NCAA lacrosse tournament.
The Juice Online: Why did Syracuse have a resurgence in the Big East tournament?
Eamon McAnaney: There were many factors for Syracuse’s resurgence and the biggest overall factor was playing with confidence and playing loose. Bobby Eilers has been a beast down the stretch and Tommy Palasek a consummate play maker which is allow other guys such as Hakeem Lecky and Bobby Walters to let it rip.
TJO: What is Syracuse going to have to do to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament?
EM: Syracuse has to hope the improvement in goal and face off game continues. Bobby Wardwell was sharp in Philadelphia (in the Big East championship) but at Duke is a completely different animal. Ricky Buhr had a career night against Villanova but against the Blue Devils it will be a 3 on 3 match instead of a 1 on 1 affair.
TJO: Syracuse will be playing at on Saturday, May 12 against third-seeded Duke in Durham, N.C. at 12 p.m. on ESPN. What are your predictions for the game?
EM: I think Duke will win a close game. Both teams are very different than when they played on April 1 but Duke has played at a higher level for a longer time that I don’t see them losing a first round game at home. Even though Syracuse did not have to exert that much energy in either Big East win last week it did have to play two games while Duke was resting. Fresh legs will play a role.
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017