Syracuse will try for its longest winning streak of the season when it goes for its third straight against Big East rival Georgetown.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: It looked like Syracuse was going to win its seventh game of the season in blowout fashion, as the Orange built a 10-4 halftime lead. But Hobart cut the lead to within one in the second half as it won 18 of 28 faceoffs in the game. Still, sophomore Derek Maltz’s six goals proved to be the difference as the Orange held on for a 13-12 win.
IN GEORGETOWN’S LAST GAME: Georgetown was upset minded on Sunday, leading No. 6 Notre Dame 5-1 heading into halftime. But Notre Dame mounted a second half rally, scoring three unanswered goals in the fourth quarter to take a 7-5 lead. Midfielder Zach Angel led Georgetown with a pair of goals, but the Hoyas could only muster a pair of goals in the second half.
SCOUTING THE HOYAS: Injuries have been a lingering issue throughout senior midfielder Zack Angel’s career. This season has been no exception, as a lingering forearm injury has caused him to miss a pair of starts this season. But when he’s been healthy, Angel has been the Hoyas’ top scoring threat, with 17 goals in nine games. Casey Brian leads the Hoyas with 27 points on 14 goals and 13 assists. Another stat to look at is faceoffs, where Georgetown has won 50.8 percent. It will be another good test for Brian McGill.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Hoyas and Orange have been playing each other since 1995, with SU winning 16 of the 20 matchups. Last year, the Syracuse defeated the Hoyas in overtime, 9-8, as Stephen Keogh scored the game winning goal with 2:19 left.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, Apr. 21, Syracuse, N.Y., 3 p.m. TV: ESPNU. Follow us @thejuiceonline for live game updates.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017