Syracuse, losers of three of its last four games, will play Princeton at home on Saturday. The Tigers have won four straight.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse lost to Duke 12-10 at the Konica Minolta Big City Classic Sunday on April 1 at MetLife Stadium. SU jumped out to an early 3-1 lead, but had some costly turnovers late in the fourth quarter as the Blue Devils defeated the Orange for the first time since 1978. Attackman Tommy Palasek led the way with four goals and an assist, while Tim Desko chipped in with a pair of goals and two assists.
IN PRINCETON’S LAST GAME: The Tigers crushed Brown 13-2 to improve to 6-2 overall and 3-0 in the Ivy League. Up just 4-2 at the half, Princeton played a perfect third quarter, outscoring Brown 7-0. Even more impressive was that the seven goals were scored on just nine shots. Mike MacDonald had a pair of goals to lead the Tigers.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS: Princeton boasts a defense that has allowed double digit goals just once this season (a 10-8 loss to Johns Hopkins on March 2). The Tiger defense is led by Chad Wiedmaier, who is well on his way to becoming the first player in Princeton history to be a four-time First Team All Ivy League selection. Meanwhile, goalie Tyler Fiorito has notched 66 saves on the season and carries a 5-2 record. Both have helped Princeton to limit opponents to just 6.88 goals per game.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams met, Stephen Keogh scored three goals as Syracuse defeated the Tigers 7-5 at Princeton Stadium. Princeton leads the all time series 17-10, although SU has won seven of the last nine meetings.
GAME INFORMATION: Sat, Apr 7, Syracuse, NY, 4 p.m. TV: TWCS.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016