Syracuse defeated Connecticut 85-67 on Saturday in front of a crowd of 33,430 fans, the largest crowd in college basketball this season. It was the fourth largest crowd in Carrier Dome history.
The Orange hold the record of 34,616, set in Feb. 2010 when the Orange defeated Villanova.
“It’s overwhelming,” Kris Joseph said. “Just to know that we have so much support and all the fans come out and appreciate what we’re doing, for the school, for the community, it’s just a great thing and a great feeling.”
The Orange has yet to lose a game at home this season. The last time it happened was the 2002-03 season, when the Orange was a perfect 17-0 at home.
The game was also the only crowd to top 30,000 this season.
“Sometimes I just get the chills,” Joseph said. “It’s a great feeling. I can’t even explain it. Words can’t explain how it feels to be out there when you score a basket or you know you make a big play in the hole – 33,000 fans just screaming, chanting, it’s a good feeling.”
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017