Syracuse defeated Connecticut 85-67 on Saturday in front of a crowd of 33,430 fans, the largest crowd in college basketball this season. It was the fourth largest crowd in Carrier Dome history.
The Orange hold the record of 34,616, set in Feb. 2010 when the Orange defeated Villanova.
“It’s overwhelming,” Kris Joseph said. “Just to know that we have so much support and all the fans come out and appreciate what we’re doing, for the school, for the community, it’s just a great thing and a great feeling.”
The Orange has yet to lose a game at home this season. The last time it happened was the 2002-03 season, when the Orange was a perfect 17-0 at home.
The game was also the only crowd to top 30,000 this season.
“Sometimes I just get the chills,” Joseph said. “It’s a great feeling. I can’t even explain it. Words can’t explain how it feels to be out there when you score a basket or you know you make a big play in the hole – 33,000 fans just screaming, chanting, it’s a good feeling.”
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016