Confirming a report from The Juice Online from Wednesday morning, Syracuse University announced on Thursday morning that starting center Fab Melo is eligible.
“Sophomore Fab Melo will return to the Syracuse University men’s basketball playing roster beginning this Saturday on the road against St. John’s in Madison Square Garden,” according to the release.
University policy and federal student privacy laws prohibited the Unviersity from saying why Melo had missed the last three games, but numerous sources have told The Juice Online it was because of an academic issue. Those sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
A break in the schedule had the Orange only playing three games in a nearly two-week stretch, the three games Melo missed while sorting through academic responsibilities. The Orange went 2-1 in Melo’s absence, including their first loss of the season, 67-58 at Notre Dame Jan. 21.
Syracuse will play St. John’s on Saturday at Madison Square Garden.
Melo is currently avergaging 7.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in 17 games.
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017