Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017