Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- Syracuse recruit Thomas Bryant has not set any visits yet — Cuse Clicks - January 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 69, Boston College 61 - January 20, 2015
- Thomas Bryant puts on performance with Syracuse watching — Cuse Clicks - January 20, 2015
- Syracuse among schools recruiting 2017 wing Jordan Tucker — Cuse Clicks - January 19, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 53, Clemson 66 - January 17, 2015