Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- What kind of senior season will Tyler Roberson have at Syracuse? - October 25, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016
- Syracuse football notebook: Tom Coughlin calls interview with Bills ‘none of your business’ - October 3, 2016