Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014
- Lake Forest Academy DL Wesley Annan commits to Stanford — Cuse Clicks - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne among elite recruits at Burger King Classic — Cuse Clicks - November 17, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 89, Kennesaw State 42 - November 14, 2014