Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 47, Virginia 59 - March 2, 2015
- Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne named MVP of H/W/S title game — Cuse Clicks - March 2, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 54, Duke 73 - February 28, 2015
- If Syracuse basketball was eligible, it would be squarely on the bubble - February 27, 2015
- Tyus Battle injures foot with Michigan, Notre Dame watching — Cuse Clicks - February 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Notre Dame 60 - February 24, 2015
- 2016 forward Kassoum Yakwe to visit Iowa State — Cuse Clicks - February 24, 2015
- Combo guard Kobi Simmons has racked up 39 offers — Cuse Clicks - February 23, 2015
- Former Syracuse star CJ Fair to Orange fans: ‘Keep hope alive’ - February 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 65 - February 21, 2015