Two Syracuse players suffered season-ending injuries during Saturday’s 30-13 loss to Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome, the team announced Tuesday.
Fullback Adam Harris (concussion) and running back Adonis Ameen-Moore (upper body) thin an already depleted running core that lost sophomore Prince-Tyson Gulley earlier in the year.
Harris was a two-year starter at fullback and was also a co-captain. The Cornell transfer recorded two carries for 10 yards, six receptions for 31 yards and one touchdown. He also had six special teams tackles.
“As a result of the injury on Saturday, a review of his concussion history and his increased vulnerability for further concussions, Harris will not be allowed to participate in football at Syracuse University,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, Ameen-Moore will have season-ending surgery on Dec. 2. The freshman had 12 carries for 40 yards.
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Najee Clayton to visit Orange on Saturday - October 31, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 guard Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ to Duke - October 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Wolfpack — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 28, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval has ‘pretty good’ visit to Orange Madness - October 27, 2014
- Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 — What we learned - October 27, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 - October 25, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Malachi Richardson among top talent in 8Eye Classic - October 24, 2014
- Philadephia 76ers forward Jerami Grant: I miss ‘everything’ about Syracuse - October 24, 2014
- NCAA investigating Syracuse men’s basketball, football programs - October 24, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Nate Pierre-Louis drawing high-major interest - October 20, 2014