One week after one of his most forgettable performances as a member of the Orange, kicker Ross Krautman was once again at the center of another Orange victory.
Krautman kicked a 21-yard field goal as time expired to propel Syracuse to a wild 37-34 win against Tulane. The sophomore was a perfect 3 for 3 on field goals and 4 for 4 on extra points.
“It feels great when the game comes down to a game winning field goal,” Krautman said to reporters after the game. “I have to thank the offense, defense, the snapper and the holder, because without them the ball doesn’t go through the uprights.”
His day was very similar to SU’s 33-30 win over Toledo on Sept. 24 where Krautman hit four field goals, including the game winner in overtime.
The game proved to be a redemption game for Krautman. The kicker struggled in a 19-16 double overtime loss to Rutgers where he missed a 39-yard field goal and had an extra point and field goal attempt blocked.
But this week, there were no mishaps from the offensive line as Krautman kicked his second game winning field goal of the season.
“We perfected it during practice,” Krautman said. “We spent a lot of time this week doing field goal unit. We got the times faster, of me going to the ball, and made some line adjustments.”
The Orange has played many close games this season. But more often than not, they have come out on top.
At 4-2, the Orange has plenty to be pleased about.
“We are going home happy,” quarterback Ryan Nassib said to reporters following the game. “We’ve played this game long enough and we know that wins aren’t easy to come by.”
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016
- North Carolina Tar Heels — 2016 Syracuse ACC Tournament scouting report - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: John Gillon names Syracuse to top 3, will visit - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016
- Will Malachi Richardson return to Syracuse and other burning questions for 2016-17 season - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes top 10 for Cheickna Dembele; Taurean Thompson to visit - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 big man Simi Shittu, 2017 guard Ethan Thompson - April 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green ‘probably’ will take unofficial visit to Syracuse - April 25, 2016
- 2015-16 Syracuse basketball report card - April 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Dorian Hardy; Jordan Tucker to visit Indiana - April 22, 2016