One week after one of his most forgettable performances as a member of the Orange, kicker Ross Krautman was once again at the center of another Orange victory.
Krautman kicked a 21-yard field goal as time expired to propel Syracuse to a wild 37-34 win against Tulane. The sophomore was a perfect 3 for 3 on field goals and 4 for 4 on extra points.
“It feels great when the game comes down to a game winning field goal,” Krautman said to reporters after the game. “I have to thank the offense, defense, the snapper and the holder, because without them the ball doesn’t go through the uprights.”
His day was very similar to SU’s 33-30 win over Toledo on Sept. 24 where Krautman hit four field goals, including the game winner in overtime.
The game proved to be a redemption game for Krautman. The kicker struggled in a 19-16 double overtime loss to Rutgers where he missed a 39-yard field goal and had an extra point and field goal attempt blocked.
But this week, there were no mishaps from the offensive line as Krautman kicked his second game winning field goal of the season.
“We perfected it during practice,” Krautman said. “We spent a lot of time this week doing field goal unit. We got the times faster, of me going to the ball, and made some line adjustments.”
The Orange has played many close games this season. But more often than not, they have come out on top.
At 4-2, the Orange has plenty to be pleased about.
“We are going home happy,” quarterback Ryan Nassib said to reporters following the game. “We’ve played this game long enough and we know that wins aren’t easy to come by.”
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Moustapha Diagne will not play for Syracuse - August 21, 2015
- Ervin Phillips — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 20, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse keeping tabs on 2017 athlete Brandon Sebastian - August 20, 2015
- Boston College Eagles — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - August 19, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida WR/S Brandon Drayton will take official to Syracuse - August 19, 2015