One week after one of his most forgettable performances as a member of the Orange, kicker Ross Krautman was once again at the center of another Orange victory.
Krautman kicked a 21-yard field goal as time expired to propel Syracuse to a wild 37-34 win against Tulane. The sophomore was a perfect 3 for 3 on field goals and 4 for 4 on extra points.
“It feels great when the game comes down to a game winning field goal,” Krautman said to reporters after the game. “I have to thank the offense, defense, the snapper and the holder, because without them the ball doesn’t go through the uprights.”
His day was very similar to SU’s 33-30 win over Toledo on Sept. 24 where Krautman hit four field goals, including the game winner in overtime.
The game proved to be a redemption game for Krautman. The kicker struggled in a 19-16 double overtime loss to Rutgers where he missed a 39-yard field goal and had an extra point and field goal attempt blocked.
But this week, there were no mishaps from the offensive line as Krautman kicked his second game winning field goal of the season.
“We perfected it during practice,” Krautman said. “We spent a lot of time this week doing field goal unit. We got the times faster, of me going to the ball, and made some line adjustments.”
The Orange has played many close games this season. But more often than not, they have come out on top.
At 4-2, the Orange has plenty to be pleased about.
“We are going home happy,” quarterback Ryan Nassib said to reporters following the game. “We’ve played this game long enough and we know that wins aren’t easy to come by.”
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014
- St. John’s Red Storm — 2014-15 Syracuse basketball scouting report with Storm the Paint - December 5, 2014