One week after one of his most forgettable performances as a member of the Orange, kicker Ross Krautman was once again at the center of another Orange victory.
Krautman kicked a 21-yard field goal as time expired to propel Syracuse to a wild 37-34 win against Tulane. The sophomore was a perfect 3 for 3 on field goals and 4 for 4 on extra points.
“It feels great when the game comes down to a game winning field goal,” Krautman said to reporters after the game. “I have to thank the offense, defense, the snapper and the holder, because without them the ball doesn’t go through the uprights.”
His day was very similar to SU’s 33-30 win over Toledo on Sept. 24 where Krautman hit four field goals, including the game winner in overtime.
The game proved to be a redemption game for Krautman. The kicker struggled in a 19-16 double overtime loss to Rutgers where he missed a 39-yard field goal and had an extra point and field goal attempt blocked.
But this week, there were no mishaps from the offensive line as Krautman kicked his second game winning field goal of the season.
“We perfected it during practice,” Krautman said. “We spent a lot of time this week doing field goal unit. We got the times faster, of me going to the ball, and made some line adjustments.”
The Orange has played many close games this season. But more often than not, they have come out on top.
At 4-2, the Orange has plenty to be pleased about.
“We are going home happy,” quarterback Ryan Nassib said to reporters following the game. “We’ve played this game long enough and we know that wins aren’t easy to come by.”
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015
- Syracuse among top five for 2016 guard Alterique Gilbert — Cuse Clicks - May 7, 2015