Scott Sidwell, executive senior associate athletics director at Syracuse University, will be leaving his post, someone with knowledge of the move said Tuesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Sidwell, who is SU Athletics Director Daryl Gross’ chief fundraiser, will be accepting a position as head athletics director at the University of San Francisco, the source said. Chris Gedney, associate athletics director for major gifts, was mentioned as a possible replacement.
Sidwell joined the Orange staff in December 2005. Prior to coming to Syracuse, Sidwell had worked for Tulane University, the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Zephyrs.
The San Francisco Dons play in the West Coast Conference and have won 12 NCAA championships, one NIT championship and 42 WCC championships. Sidwell replaces Dr. Gary Nelson, who was the interim athletic director. Nelson replaced Debra Gore-Mann in September of 2010 after Gore-Mann resigned following the controversial hiring of Eddie Sutton.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016