Tim Desko scored a career-high five goals and Jeremy Thompson added a goal and two assists as Syracuse defeated Virginia 12-10. The game was played before a crowd of 14,340 at the Carrier Dome.
Syracuse (3-0) won despite Cavaliers midfielder Shamel Bratton scoring four goals. Attackman Steele Stanwick added a goal and two assists for Virginia (4-1).
“The guys coming into the locker room before the game, you could tell they were up for this one,” head coach John Desko said during his post game press conference. “If anything, we had to calm them down.”
The Syracuse University lacrosse team rallied from an 8-7 halftime deficit to defeat Virginia 12-10 this evening before a crowd of 14,340 in the Carrier Dome. The Orange (3-0) is off now until a week from Saturday when it will face Georgetown in the Face-Off Classic.
Tim Desko gets the feed in front of the net and finishes with the behind the back shot for the Orange goal! Cuse would go on to win 12-10 over Virginia.
Redshirt junior Tim Desko scored a career-best five goals to lead top-ranked Syracuse (3-0) to a 12-10 victory over co-No. 1 Virginia (4-1) at the Carrier Dome on Friday, March 4. Desko scored three of Syracuse’s five second-half goals to propel the Orange to its first regular-season win against the Cavaliers in the Dome since 2001.
An intense matchup between the No. 1 Virginia Cavaliers (4-1) and the No. 1 Syracuse Orange (3-0) saw the home team taking the contest on Friday night, in front of 14,340 fans, inside the Carrier Dome.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016