Syracuse football hosted its Elite Prospect Camp over the weekend, so there’s plenty to catch up on as we turn the calendar over to June.
Two prospects earned their way to offers with their performances. Jayden Bass, a 2023 offensive lineman from Springfield (MA) Central, was offered by Syracuse after camp. It’s his first Power 5 offer, but he holds more than 10 offers from Buffalo, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Temple, among others.
Syracuse was also the first to offer 2026 defensive back Demari Clemons from Buffalo (NY) Sweet Home. He told Sports Illustrated’s Mike McAllister the offer was the “biggest moment of his life.”
The Orange hosted several New York quarterbacks participate in camp, including 2025 Aquinas (NY) Institute quarterback Benjamin Newman and 2024 signal caller Joey Tomasso from Waverly (NY) High. Tomasso was a NYSSWA Second Team All-State selection as a sophomore.
Another quarterback on campus was 2025 Canisius (NY) High quarterback Gavin Schwab. Syracuse also hosted The Buffalo prospect was on campus earlier in May on an unofficial visit with several of his teammates. Schwab’s teammate, 2024 running back Dyrell Howard-Dolson was among the players who took the unofficial visit with Schwab, and he was back on campus for camp.
Outside of the New York area, Syracuse also welcomed 2024 quarterback Chris Dietrich from Pope (NJ) John and Don Bosco (NJ) Prep quarterback Charlie LaMorte.
Here are some of the other prospects who participated:
» Related: The latest on Syracuse recruits Deandre Duffus, D’Shawntae Jones
- Cobe Covington, a 2023 running back from Bishop (NY) Kearney Kings
- Omar Ibrahim, a 2023 defensive back from Union (NJ) High
- Jon Jon Morales Jr., a 2024 wide receiver from Berlin (CT) High
- Jefferson Williame, a 2023 defensive back from Hillside (NJ) High
- Malachi Moore, a 2023 running back from Shaker (NY) High
- Owen Duetsch, a 2023 offensive lineman from St. Thomas (CT) More School
- Damon Wilson, a 2023 defensive lineman from Rochester East (NY) High
- Marcus Moore, a 2023 wide receiver from Greece (NY) Arcadia High
- Anthony Diaz, a 2024 wide receiver from East (NY) High
- Adam Yevchak, a 2024 offensive lineman from Donovan (NJ) Catholic
- James Muller, a 2024 offensive lineman from The Hun (NJ) School
- Noah Mather, a 2025 defensive back from East (NY) Rochester High
- Jaxon Bernas, a 2026 linebacker from Pittsford (NY) Mendon
Syracuse also offered two prospects this week outside of camp. We start with 2023 Cardinal Ritter (MO) College wide receiver Frederick Moore. He’s rated three stars by 247 Sports and holds offers from Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State, among others.
Syracuse also offered 2023 Olmsted (OH) Falls offensive lineman Dominic Rivera. He’s also a three star prospect, and holds offers from Rutgers, Iowa State and Boston College, among others.
The Orange lost out on a JUCO offensive lineman it was pursuing. Monroe (NY) College’s Savion Herring took an official visit to Syracuse in May, one of five official visits he took. But he committed to Tennessee on his last visit, choosing them over the Orange, Kansas, USF and Middle Tennessee.
For more Syracuse coverage, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and listen to our podcast.