As we approach the beginning of summer, there’s plenty of recruiting news in the Syracuse football world, so let’s get right to it…
We start with New Jersey, with Syracuse priority target Josh Richards. The 2023 East Orange (NJ) Campus wide receiver has drawn plenty of interest from high majors, including the Orange. He will be taking an official visit to Syracuse on the weekend of June 24, according to Sports Illustrated’s Mike McAllister. He also previously visited in March for Junior Day and was also on campus in April. He also holds offers from Wake Forest, Maryland and Connecticut, among others.
That happens to be the same weekend that three other recruits will be visiting the Orange. One of those recruits is the already committed 2023 quarterback LaNorris Sellers, according to 247 Sports’ Stephen Bailey. The others include 2023 St. Peters (NJ) Prep offensive lineman Eric King and 2023 Tampa Bay (Fla.) Tech defensive lineman Antonio Camon, who are both three star prospects.
The weekend before (June 17), will be a busy one as well for Syracuse, as they will host three of the top 2023 New York prospects. Syracuse tight end commit David Clement from Christian Brothers (NY) Academy tweeted he will be taking his official visit that weekend, and he will be joined by Abraham (NY) Lincoln defensive lineman Jalil Smith and three star linebacker Zyian Moultrie-Goddard from Iona (NY) Preparatory School.
Keeping with New York prospects, another visitor to pay attention to is 2023 Shenendehowa (NY) High defensive lineman Cody Smith. He was invited to Syracuse’s Elite Camp, and tweeted will be on campus on June 4.
There are two other 2024 New Jersey prospects I wanted to highlight. The first is Woodrow (NJ) Wilson defensive lineman Fatim Diggs, who tweeted that he picked up a Syracuse offer. He’s rated four stars by 247 Sports and holds a slew of offers that include Ole Miss, Penn State, Virginia and West Virginia.
Another elite 2024 prospect Syracuse has been pursuing is Millville (NJ) High wide receiver Ta’Ron Haile. The three star prospect has already locked in offers from Maryland, Penn State, Pittsburgh and Boston College, among others. He recently took a visit to Syracuse, McAllister reports and said he liked the visit “a lot.”
Here are some of the other offers Syracuse has given in the last week, and you can see there is a strong emphasis on Florida and Georgia:
- Makhi Jones, a 2025 wide receiver from Grayson (GA) High (tweet)
- Kevis Thomas, a 2023 defensive back from Lowndes (GA) High (tweet)
- BJ Gibson, a 2024 ATH from Wilcox (GA) County High (tweet)
- Chris Culliver, a 2023 wide receiver from Maiden (NC) High (tweet)
- Peyton Joseph, a 2025 offensive lineman from Peach (GA) County High (tweet)
- Nolan Ray, a 2023 running back from Brother (Mich.) Rice (tweet)
- Amari Wallace, a 2025 defensive back from Miami (Fla.) Central (tweet)
- Gernorris Wilson, a 2023 linebacker from Lake (Fla.) Gibson (tweet)
- Kameron Davis, a 2024 running back from Dougherty (GA) High, who is already committed to Florida State (tweet)
- Micah Mays, a 2023 ATH from The Benjamin (Fla.) School (tweet)
- Zack Boehly, a 2024 offensive lineman from Cardinal (Fla.) Gibbons (tweet)