Another week and another round of offers, official visit announcements, and Syracuse coaches racking up the frequent flyer miles in search of talent. Dino Babers and his staff are leaving no stone unturned in their quest to upgrade the roster. So let’s get right to it!
Zyian Moultrie-Goddard has scheduled an official visit for the weekend of June 17th according to Mike McAllister of Sports Illustrated. The New York prospect has previously unofficially visited campus twice in the past few months. He is a priority linebacker recruit for the Orange.
Naquil Betrand will be joining Moultrie-Goddard notes McAllister. The offensive lineman out of Philadelphia is currently committed to Colorado. But after visiting Syracuse unofficially recently, he decided to come back for an official. Betrand is already 6-foot-7 and weighs 310 pounds.
Current quarterback commit LaNorris Sellers is taking his official visit that weekend. He’ll certainly be in the ear of both Moultrie-Goddard and Betrand working to get them to commit.
Another offensive lineman who has scheduled an official visit is Eric King out of New Jersey according to Stephen Bailey. King will be visiting the weekend of June 24th. Like Moultrie-Goddard, King has previous visited Syracuse twice. King would be a big recruiting win for the Orange. He’s scheduled to visit the same weekend as defensive end Antonio Camon out of Tampa.
» Related: The latest on Syracuse recruits D’Marcus Adams, Savion Herring
A number of new offers in both the Classes of 2023 and 2024 were handed out as the coaches hit the road.
• Ma’Kyi Lee is a JUCO offensive tackle from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas set to graduate this Spring.
• Matthew Scicchitano is a Class of 2023 defensive lineman from Mount Carmel, PA.
• Christopher Andre’ Otto is a Class of 2023 offensive lineman from Key West, FL. Nick Monroe’s reach knows no bounds!
• Precious Ekeh is a Class of 2023 defensive lineman from Canarsie Educational Campus in Brooklyn.
• Trumain Lawson is a Class of 2024 defensive lineman out of Clifton, NJ.
• Nyier Daniels is a Class of 2024 offensive lineman from Newark, NJ. Syracuse is his first offer.
• Anthony Speca is a Class of 2024 linebacker from Pittsburgh.
• Elijah Kinsler is a Class of 2024 defensive end from Bergen Catholic High School in Oradell, NJ.
• Fletcher Westphal is a Class of 2024 offensive tackle out of Tuscarora High School in Leesburg, VA.
One offer that stands out is the one previously made to Tyler Williams. Williams is a 4-star wide receiver from Lakeland, FL. He recently trimmed his list to ten. Syracuse made the cut along with Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, USC, and USF. Quite the list of suitors!
Moving to basketball, Jim Boeheim landed a back-up center for next year’s squad via the transfer portal. Center Mounir Hima recently announced his transfer from Duquesne after an official visit to Syracuse.
Hima figures to fill the shoes of Frank Anselem, who transferred to Georgia. He’ll be looked to provide defense, rebounding, and shot blocking as he spells Jesse Edwards.