Plenty of news from the Syracuse recruiting world as we head into the middle of May.
On Friday, Syracuse received a commitment from FAU transfer D’Marcus Adams. Adams was originally a three star recruit and ranked the No. 420th player in the 2018 class and committed to Florida State. He transferred to FAU in 2020, and finished with 3 receptions for 94 yards, while also playing defensive back. He entered the portal in December and has two years of eligibility remaining.
Syracuse likely isn’t done with its transfers. AllSyracuse.com’s Mike McAllister caught up with one of the Orange’s portal targets, JUCO offensive lineman Savion Herring. He took an visit to Central New York last week, and called the visit “great.” Herring has the versatility to play multiple positions on the line, and the coaching staff said he would likely compete for the starting guard and center spots.
Outside of the portal, the football staff handed out more than 20 offers in the last week. We’ve tracked it below, but one particular offer I wanted to highlight is Samson Okunlola, a 2023 lineman from Thayer (Mass.) Academy. He is considered one of the top prospects in the 2023 cycle, with 247 Sports rating him a five-star prospect and No. 30 overall in the class. His offer list includes Arizona, Auburn, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, OSU, Tennessee, UCLA and USC, among others.
Here are some of the other offers Syracuse extended this week:
- Nick Oliveira, a 2023 offensive lineman from Clearview (NJ) High
- Jordan Mayer, a 2023 defensive end from Thomas (PA) Jefferson High
- Harlon Huff, a 2024 linebacker from Dillard (Fla.) High
- Trashon Dye, a 2024 athlete from Passaic (NJ) County Tech
- Travon Dye, a 2024 running back/linebacker from Passaic (NJ) County Tech
- Will Sanders, a 2024 offensive lineman from Brookwood (AL) High
- Jarvis Boatwright Jr., a 2024 athlete from Clearwater (Fla.) High
- Jaylen Gilchrist, a 2024 lineman from Salem (Va.) High
- Davin Brewton, a 2024 linebacker from Red Bank (NJ) Catholic
- Emanuel Ross, a 2024 athlete from Red Bank (NJ) Catholic
- Gerald Modest, a 2024 running back from Washington (Fla.) High
- Junior Bokona Mensama, a 2024 linebacker from Dalbé-Viau (QC) Aigles D’Or Lachine
- Booker Pickett Jr., a 2024 defensive lineman from Wharton (Fla.) High
- Grant Stec, a 2024 tight end from Harry D. Jacobs (Ill.) High
- Christian Bentancur, a 2024 tight end from Marian Central (Ill.) Catholic
- Chenellson Exume, a 2024 offensive lineman from Edison (Fla.) High
- Zahir Rainer, a 2024 defensive back from Trinity (Va.) Episcopal
- Sterling Joseph, a 2025 running back from Miami Edison (Fla.) High
- Jakeyse Graves, a 2025 wide receiver/defensive back from Indian (Va.) River High.
- Terrance Edwards, a 2025 defensive back from Trinity (Va.) Episcopal