It was a busy week in the Syracuse football recruiting world with the Orange & Blue spring game and several offers being handed out. Let’s get right to it.
Syracuse extended an offer to Rutgers transfer Cedrice Paillant. The offensive lineman announced his decision to enter the portal on Friday via Twitter. He made six starts in 2021, and played 20 total games played with 13 starts for the Scarlet Knights across two seasons.
Syracuse also offered 2024 athlete Mekhai White from King (Va.) George. He already has 17 offers, including from Boston College, Duke, Maryland, UNC, Penn State, and Pitt.
The Orange also extended an offer to Wayland (TX) Baptist University transfer Owen Fuambu. He reports it as his first Division 1 offer.
2024 Delaware (PA) Valley High tight end Aiden Black tweeted he received an offer from Syracuse. It is his third offer, with the Orange joining Appalachian State and Maryland.
» Related: The latest with Syracuse recruits David Clement and Cam Goode
The Orange also had several visitors for the spring game. Sports Illustrated’s Mike McAllister provided a full list, but here are some of the 2023 prospects and their tweets from their visits.
- 2023 Central (NJ) High linebacker Mohammed Kelleh
- 2023 Milford (CT) Academy linebacker Amir Akins
- 2023 Springfield (MA) Central offensive lineman Jayden Bass
- 2023 Bishop (NY) Kearney running back Cobe Covington
- 2023 Archbishop (PA) Wood defensive lineman Eric Gardner
- 2023 Bergen (NJ) Catholic linebacker Malachi Mercer
For more Syracuse coverage, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and listen to our podcast.