Jessie Govan figured he didn’t need to wait any longer and so he is headed to Georgetown. The 6-foot-10, 260-pound 2015 big man from Wings Academy committed to the Hoyas on Tuesday, choosing them over Seton Hall, UConn and Miami, according to New York Lightning coach Dana Dingle. “What made him choose them now was him, his parents and everybody was sold on their development and the history of the big guys, the centers they’ve had in the history of the program,” Dingle told SNY.tv by phone. “They were pretty much sold on that and it was hard to overlook.
- Syracuse target Jessie Govan commits to Georgetown
- ACC to move championship basketball game from Sunday to Saturday
- The ACC doesn’t want you to know about its new logo
- ACC football will stay at eight-game league schedules
- Brian Flinn discusses rise of Westtown Friend’s 7-foot-1 center Georgios Papagiannis
- Who is Central New York’s favorite NBA team? It is the New York Knicks
- ACC Conference Catchup: Will a loaded league live up to powerhouse reputation?
» Related: Isaiah Briscoe ‘tearing it up’ at Dallas EYBL
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.