Archbishop Carroll had a dominant performance in a season-opening 77-51 win over Plymouth-Whitemarsh on Wednesday night. Do-everything junior forward Derrick Jones finished with 12 points; the five-star recruit had a hand in a lot of tips, deflections and rebounds as well, but didn’t need to dominate on the offensive end in a game the Patriots had nearly from the outset.
- Archbishop Carroll’s Derrick Jones scores 12 points in win
- Isaiah Briscoe will attend Syracuse v. St. John’s game on Sunday
- Jim Boeheim: This year’s crop of freshmen aren’t worth tanking for
- Carmelo Anthony: Mike Woodson shouldn’t worry about his job
- Carmelo Anthony and Rajon Rondo deny recruitment rumors
- Donovan McNabb rips Mike Shanahan for RGIII benching
- Texas Bowl is Syracuse’s sixth all-time trip to the Lone Star State
- Does Syracuse v. St. John’s still have the same meaning?
- Cameron MacPherson to transfer from Georgetown to Syracuse
- Syracuse basketball’s best situational lineups for 2013-14
» Related: 2015 wing Malachi Richardson to make college decision on Friday
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.