If you’ve ever watched guys like Isaiah Whitehead compete, you know that for some reason they perform best under pressure, with their backs against the wall, the crowd in their ears and the opposition clapping in their face. For Whitehead (a 2014 PG who is down to Syracuse, Arizona, UCLA, Miami and Indiana), it’s almost a Hulk-like transformation; when he gets angry, his face becomes stoic and he plays like a man possessed, scoring at will and without any regard or courtesy for his opponents. Whitehead came out on a mission in the second half and overtime, picking his spots and scoring from all over the floor. He scored 20 of his 25 points during this span, and using a full-court press, NY used a big third quarter to close the gap.
- Whitehead goes into ‘Hulk’ mode at Nike TOC
- Syracuse doubles up McGill in Canadian exhibition
- Raymond Felton calls Carmelo Anthony a better scorer than Kevin Durant
- Canada trip a chance to foster chemistry
- Drew Allen has vision for his teammates
- Chinonso Obokoh awaits clearance from NCAA
- Michael Gbinije works into backup point guard role
- Soccer cruises past Ryerson in preseason match
- Syracuse football faces difficult transition to ACC
- Syracuse to play High Point for first time in basketball
- Carmelo Anthony honored at 10th Annual Hennessy Privilege Awards
» Related: Goodluck Okonoboh doesn’t include Syracuse among final five
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.