Josh Perkins has cut his list to five schools, his father told SNY.tv Wednesday. “The five are UCLA, Minnesota, Gonzaga, UConn and Kentucky,” Randy Perkins said by phone from Las Vegas where his son is playing in the Fab 48 event this week. The elder Perkins said they did not make the cut public because they didn’t want to draw a lot of attention to the list. USC, Baylor and Kansas had previously been considered. The 6-foot-2 point guard will announce his college choice Aug. 25 once he is enrolled at Huntington (W.V.) Prep.
- Perkins cuts list to five; Vaughn package unlikely
- Zagoria: Top 10 Players at the Nike Global Challenge
- Dion Waiters, Kyrie Irving working on chemistry
- ACC is letting Syracuse plot its own destiny
- What you need to know from the ACC media days
- Jim Boeheim explains sleeping photo
- It’s the NBA or the Euroleague for Andy Rautins
- Syracuse snubbed in preseason All-ACC teams
- Rakeem Christmas, Michael Gbinije debut with the East Coast All-Stars
- Carmelo Anthony doubts possibility of joining the Lakers in 2014
- Would a future Maryland/Syracuse series be good for the Terps?
- Tampa Bay Bucs give Mike Williams 6-year deal
- ACC official isn’t alone in Clowney call
» Related: Derrick Jones emerging into top prospect
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.