Brimming with confidence, Ja’Quan Newton, the 6-foot-2 point guard is having a torrid summer. Newton, who stars for South Philadelphia’s Neumann-Goretti High during the school year, has strung together stellar performances with Team Final in AAU play. As a result, his college recruiting has reached another level. Villanova, one of Newton’s longtime suitors, remains in the running along with Georgetown, Miami, Syracuse, Temple, and St. Joseph’s, among others. Newton expects to get an offer from UCLA; he received a phone call last week from Bruins coach Steve Alford.
- Neumann-Goretti’s Newton becoming a hot basketball recruit
- The pressure will be on Michael Carter-Williams and his jumpshot
- How much longer can/will Syracuse play in the Carrier Dome?
- Breaking: Jim Boeheim hates change
- Sports conference realignment lesson: Don’t get comfortable
- Daryl Gross calls the Carrier Dome a ‘wonder’ of the sports world
- Jonny Flynn to play for Indiana Pacers summer league team
- The main reasons to add a Syracuse baseball team
- Carmelo Anthony’s wife, La La, addresses Kevin Garnett incident
- Jason Cabinda saw everything he needed to during campus visit
- Bernie Fine drops lawsuit against ESPN
» Related: Tyler Ennis continues to star for Team Canada
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.