If University of Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari is searching for a new crop of recruits to provide leadership and toughness in the 2014 class, five-star California small forward Stanley Johnson is shaping up to be a worthy target. Kentucky coach John Calipari watched part of Johnson’s game with the Oakland Soldiers club Friday night in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League at the Boo Williams Sportsplex, and the 6-foot-7, 230-pound player feels as if he’s the Wildcats’ No. 1 priority among junior small forwards. “At my spot, yeah, I think I’m their No. 1 guy because he already has other guys there at my position, and he doesn’t really need anyone else in my class at my position,” he said.
- For Kentucky, Stanley Johnson, 5-star California wing a priority
- Zach Chibane signs with Buffalo Bills
- Alec Lemon signs with Houston Texans
- Miramar High (FL) receiver Sean Avant commits to Syracuse
- Making sense of the Ryan Nassib move
- Reese: Nassib reminds me of Andy Dalton
- How safety Shamarko Thomas fits in with Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Steelers get it right with Thomas
- Aggressive Syracuse defense stymies Notre Dame offense
- Donald Pollitt finishes second at Penn Relays
» Related: Derrick Jones high on Syracuse
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.