Jalyn Patterson hit a 3 pointer with 2.5 seconds to play Saturday to lift Montverde Academy to a 67-65 win against Newark (N.J.) St. Benedict’s Prep in the championship game of the fifth annual National High School Invitational tournament North Bethesda, Md. Montverde Academy point guard Kasey Hill, scored six of his team-high 19 points in the closing minutes of the game. Hill set up the game-winning shot by pushing the ball up the floor after St. Benedict’s Tyler Ennis hit a 3 pointer with 11 seconds to play.
- St. Benedict’s, Tyler Ennis lose National High School Invitational tournament
- No decision on Michael Carter-Williams leaving for the NBA
- Carmelo goes off again as Knicks win 12th straight
- Rick Pitino almost took over Michigan in 2001
- Mitch McGary’s NBA draft stock is rising
- Rough ending shouldn’t spoil great season
- Russ Smith leaning toward return to Louisville
- Despite size advantage, Syracuse dominated on the glass
- Loss will linger for a long time with Brandon Triche
- 2013 JUCO LB Alryk Perry commits to Syracuse
» Related: Gordon named McDonald’s MVP
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.