It’s another busy week in the Syracuse recruiting world, so let’s get right to it.
We start in the basketball world, where the Orange is pursuing two 2024 guards with support from a big-time booster. Syracuse is in the final five for 2024 four-star shooting guard Elijah Moore. The other four finalists for the No. 72 overall recruit are Alabama, Arkansas, Miami and Oklahoma State. “Syracuse feels great. I’ve been there twice and the experience was great,” Moore said to On3’s Joe Tipton. The Orange appears in good position for Moore after businessman and Syracuse booster Adam Weitsman told The Loud House’s Neil Adler that he’s in touch with Moore about an NIL deal.
On top of that, Adler also reports that Weitsman is also involved in the recruitment of 2024 five-star guard Boogie Fland. He’s rated the No. 12 overall recruit in his cycle by 247 Sports. Syracuse offered him last week, adding to a list that includes Alabama, Kansas, LSU, Miami, Michigan, UNC, UCLA and Virginia Tech.
Moving over to football, wide receivers coach Mike Johnson was recruiting in the West Coast last week, and offered a trio of elite 2024 prospects.
- The Orange offered 2024 Cathedral High (CA) wide receiver Xavier Jordan. One of the top prospects in the 2024 class, he holds a four-star rating from 247 Sports, and offers from Arizona, Boston College, Colordao and Washington, among others.
- Another four-star prospect Johnson offered was Phillip Bell, a wide receiver from Sacramento (CA) Christian Brothers. He’s ranked 34th in the class of 2025 with a four-star rating, and also has offers from Arizona, Auburn, California, Colorado and Georgia, among others.
- Finally, Johnson met with and offered four-star 2025 Sultana (CA) High wide receiver/defensive back LaMason Waller. He’s the 99th overall prospect in the class of 2025, and has an offer list that includes Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, FSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn State and West Virginia.
Back on the east coast, the Syracuse coaching staff was busy as well.
- Syracuse offered 2024 Dowingtown (PA) West OL Ryan Howard. He visited Syracuse in October, and also holds offers from West Virginia, Kansas State and Maryland. Our Wes Cheng caught up with Howard, who called it an ‘amazing opportunity.’
- Another 2024 lineman SU is in touch with is Judah Pruitt from Malcolm X Shabazz High in New Jersey. Syracuse extended his first collegiate offer.
- Another first time college offeree was 2026 running back D’Antae Sheffey from State College High in Pennsylvania. Cheng also chatted with him, and he was he was “surprised” by the offer.
- Syracuse extended an offer to 2024 tight end/defensive end Nick Slogik from Bishop McDevitt in Pennsylvania. The two-sport athlete is already committed to Pittsburgh for baseball, and also holds a football offer from Maryland.
One prospect the Orange won’t be getting is Cal transfer tight end Jermaine Terry. Sports Illustrated’s Mike McAllister reported that SU was supposed to get an official visit from Terry this upcoming weekend, but Terry cancelled that visit after committing to Oregon State.
Still, Syracuse did host another key recruit from the portal according to McAllister, Southern Miss quarterback Ty Keyes. Keyes’ recruitment is likely in response to the Orange losing LaNorris Sellers to South Carolina in a signing day flip.