We’ve got a really busy week in the Syracuse football recruiting world to recap with you, so let’s get right into the recruiting roundup.
Syracuse picked up two commitments for the 2023 recycle over the weekend. We start with Vincent Carroll-Jackson, a three-star lineman from Central Daulphin (PA) East. Carroll-Jackson is one of the fastest risers in the 2023 class, and recently picked up a slew of high-major offers including Florida, Georgia, Pitt and Rutgers. The Juice Online’s Wes Cheng caught up with him after his commitment and he said one of his goals at Syracuse is to ‘win the ACC.’
The second commitment came from Richmond graduate transfer offensive lineman Joe More. He started 37 games at left tackle for Richmond, and has one year of eligibility remaining. He also spoke with Cheng, and said “Syracuse was a great situation for me to come play and at an elite level and ultimately develop and transition into the NFL.”
Two other recruits we caught up with this week include JUCO transfer Larry Johnson III, who said he was ‘thankful’ for his Syracuse offer. He ultimately committed to Tennessee later in the week. The Orange also offered 2024 offensive lineman Raynor Andrews, who told The Juice Online that his Syracuse offer felt ‘surreal.’
The Orange continues to monitor the transfer portal to bolster its 2023 roster, and we’ll start with the offense:
- Syracuse offered former Mississippi State RB Dillon Johnson. Johnson finished his 2022 campaign with 488 yards and three scores before entering the portal in a provocative way after audio leaked of his former coach, Mike Leach.
- The Orange also offered Nevada offensive lineman Grant Starck. He started all 12 games for Nevada, primarily at left tackle. He earned an All-Mountain West honorable mention, and also appeared in 10 games in his redshirt freshman season in 2021.
- Syracuse offered Decoldest Crawford, a wide receiver transfer from Nebraska with four years of eligbility left. He suffered an injury during fall camp and didn’t appear in 2022, but was a three-star recruit in high school and ranked inside the top 500 recruits by 247 Sports.
- Syracuse offered Maryland transfer tight end CJ Dippre. The sophomore finished his 2022 season with 30 reception for 314 yards and three touchdowns. Alabama, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Illinois and Rutgers are among some of the schools to have offered so far.
On the defensive side, here are some portal offers SU handed out in the last week:
- Syracuse is pursuing University of Arizona transfer defensive lineman Paris Shand. In 2022, he appeared in nine games with seven starts, and finished with 23 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Ole’ Miss has also extended an offer since he’s entered the portal.
- The Orange offered Texas A&M transfer defensive lineman Elijah Jeudy. A former four-star recruit in the 2021 class, he redshirted in his freshman season, and appeared in two games as a redshirt sophomore in 2022. He’s already received offers from Nebraska, Boston College, Penn State and Colorado, among others.
- Syracuse offered JUCO linebacker Lonnie Rice. Rice is currently at Lackawanna (PA) College, and also played at the University of Buffalo. Georgia State, Alabama A&M and Missouri State are among the schools to have offered.
The Orange also offered a large group of high school prospects in the past week:
- Chimdy Onoh, a 2023 ATH (DL/OL) from Dundalk (MD) High
- Micah Ford, a 2024 running back from Toms River (NJ) North
- Amare Sanders, a 2024 ATH (DB/WR) from Gulliver (Fla.) Prep
- Luke Williams, a 2024 wide receiver from Naperville (Ill.) North
- Bryce Fitzgerald, a 2025 ATH (WR/CB) from Belen Jesuit (Fla.) High
- Nathaniel Marshall, a 2025 EDGE from Fenwick (Ill.) High
- Hector Chazel, a 2025 linebacker from Christopher Columbus (Fla.) High
- Dante Alexander Jr., a 2025 ATH (S/WR) from Miami (Fla.) Springs High
- Leon Clark, a 2025 running back from Churchland (Va.) High
- Kevin Brown, a 2026 ATH (OL/DL) from Harrisburg (PA) High
- Jaden O’Neal, a 2026 quarterback from Los Alamitos (CA) High