Though there are ominous signs, the start of the Syracuse football season is scheduled for six weeks from now.
With that in mind, I chatted with three-time All Big East punter and former Syracuse football star Brendan Carney about the upcoming season. On the latest edition of The Juice on the Cuse Podast, I get his take on Sterling Hofrichter’s chances with the Atlanta Falcons, incoming freshman James Williams, and whether the Orange can get back to a bowl game in 2020.
Carney also talks about his experiences with playing for the Baltimore Ravens following his stellar Syracuse career and breaks down what Syracuse can do to finish in the upper tier of the ACC Atlantic.
TJO senior columnist Jim Stechschulte then calls in and we switch topics to Boeheim’s Army, who was unceremoniously eliminated from the 2020 TBT in the Elite 8. Jim talks about the overarching offensive problems that Boeheim’s Army experienced, and what can be done to fix it for 2021.
Jim’s closing thought encourages the NCAA and all colleges to re-evaluate whether fall sports is a smart idea in the midst of a global pandemic, while I talk about a Syracuse athlete who was nominated for NCAA Woman of the Year.
1. Syracuse football legend Brendan Carney calls in
2. Activities during quarantine
3. Sterling Hofrichter to NFL’s Atlanta Falcons
4. Incoming freshman punter James Williams
5. Look back at 2019, look forward to 2020 season
6. Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
7. Boeheim’s Army loses
8. What can they do for 2021?
9. Closing thoughts and wrap up