Huntington Prep’s first-ever appearance at the Dick’s Sporting Goods National High School Invitational proved to be a memorable contest on Thursday afternoon. JaQuan Lyle spotted up on the wing and drained a 3-pointer from right beside the Huntington Prep bench at the buzzer to give the Irish a 65-63 win over La Lumiere (Ind.) in the first round of the tournament at Christ The King High School in Queens, N.Y. Huntington Prep got 14 points from Thomas Bryant and 11 each from Lindsey and Lyle, who also had six assists and five rebounds.
- Thomas Bryant chips in 14 points in National High School Invitational
- Syracuse football offeree Gabe Megginson recaps OSU visit
- What do NBA executive think of Syracuse forward Jerami Grant?
- Odds for Syracuse basketball to land top 2015 targets
- Quarterback Terrel Hunt acting every bit like an assured starter
- Phil Jackson says Carmelo Anthony is carrying a big burden for the Knicks
- Boston College agrees to a deal in principle with Jim Christian
- Syracuse University alumnus injured in Fort Hood shooting