Southlake Christian Academy of Huntersville defeated Victory Christian Academy 7-0 Friday to win the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association Division III football title. Robert Washington scored the game’s only touchdown in the third quarter on a 21-yard run. Jeremy Silinski kicked the extra point to make it 7-0. Wahsington has offers from Akron, Arizona State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Mississippi State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ole Miss, Syracuse and UCLA.
- Southlake tops Victory, claims independent schools title
- Dion Waiters denies locker room incident, returns to Cavaliers following absence
- Syracuse projected as playing in Music City Bowl vs. Ole Miss
- Syracuse has a history with Pittsburgh, quarterback Tom Savage
- North Carolina court rejects Maryland’s appeal to toss out ACC lawsuit
- Takeaways fueling Florida State’s dominance
- Dajuan Coleman an oasis of offense in otherwise arid display
- On free agency, Carmelo Anthony says ‘Nobody should be worried about me’
» Related: Rashad Vaughn takes official to Iowa State
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.