When looking at the class of 2016 and who should start off ranked at the top, three names kept coming up over and over again: Six-foot-6 shooting guard Josh Jackson from Detroit (Mich.) Consortium, 6-foot-9 power forward Harry Giles from High Point (N.C.) Wesleyan and seven-footer Thon Maker from Martinsville (Va.) Carlisle. For now, we give Jackson the slight edge in what is essentially a photo finish among the three. An electric athlete with outstanding size and overall skill, Jackson has always been near the top of the class. But during July, the lengthy wing scorer took his game to an entirely new level while playing at the Adidas Super 64 with his summer team Dorian’s Pride.
- Josh Jackson tops initial Rivals 2016 rankings
- Celtics waive Donte Green after trading Fab Melo to get him
- Syracuse pursues rising 2015 prospect Moustapha Diagne
- Syracuse sports make me drink II: Previewing Tulane
- Why did Syracuse fall off the trail for Isaiah Whitehead?
- Syracuse QB Terrel Hunt has the ‘it’ factor
- Drew Allen not guaranteed playing time against Tulane
- Curtis Johnson makes Football Scoop’s Top 10 “exceeding expectations list“
» Related: Isaiah Whitehead no longer considering Syracuse
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.