Ja’Quan Newton pulled the trigger for Miami on Wednesday, ending his recruitment before taking his official visits. “Yes,” the 6-foot-3 Newton confirmed to SNY.tv. He previously told SNY.tv of Miami: “I like them a lot. Pick and roll. I haven’t been out there but I like their style of play.” Newton also considered Minnesota, Texas A&M, UCLA, Oregon and Syracuse.
- Syracuse target Ja’Quan Newton selects Miami
- Jerome Smith, the ACC and 1,000-yard rushing encores
- Syracuse to play on ESPN Big Monday twice
- Ross Krautman wins starting kicking job
- Drew Allen, who can’t wait to get to the Carrier Dome, likes what he sees
- ACC to play in Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl in 2014, 2016
- Nick Robinson intends to solidify starting right guard position ‘pretty soon’
- Kris Joseph, Andy Rautins named to Team Canada
» Related: Isaiah Whitehead talks recruiting
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.