Our vote for the top-performing class of 2014 point guard at LeBron was Philadelphia’s Ja’Quan Newton. The 6-foot-3 floor general isn’t a speed burner, but he’s extra crafty and adept at creating for himself off the dribble. He specializes in getting defenders on his hip and dragging them all over the floor and doing what he wants with them. Newton draws a lot of fouls, he is an outstanding finisher, and when his jumper is dropping like it was throughout the course of camp he’s hard to stop.
- Top-performing class of 2014 point guard at LeBron was Ja’Quan Newton
- Jonny Flynn trying to restart NBA career with Indiana Pacers
- Michael Carter-Williams vs. Jonny Flynn in NBA Summer League- Who won?
- A.J. Long, Zaire Franklin lead grassroots efforts to bolster 2014 recruiting class
- Carmelo Anthony moving to small forward would be a big mistake
- Get to know your Orange Man – #99 Ryan Sloan
- Football recruiting update with Michael Cohen (podcast)
- Beckett Wales named to 2013 Mackey Award Watch List
- Rashad Vaughn is headed to Findlay Prep
- Anthony heading to Lakers is a real possibility
» Related: Derrick Jones become elite high school player
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.