After visiting Maryland last week, it appeared as if Memphis transfer Antonio Barton was headed home. It appears now that the Terps have some new competition for Barton from Tennessee. Barton was in Knoxville “Wednesday or Thursday,” according to a source. Initially, it was thought that Maryland’s main competitor in this recruiting battle was going to be Syracuse, where another close friend of the former Lake Clifton standout has become one of the team’s stars. But C.J. Fair’s influence did not weigh as heavily as the impending arrival of 5-star freshman point guard Tyler Ennis.
- Maryland has some competition for Antonio Barton from Tennessee
- Carmelo Anthony, and the pain of a flawed design
- Women’s lacrosse is Final Four bound
- Former Syracuse players favor ACC tournament at MSG
- Jim Boeheim: Knicks must change roster next year
- SU men’s lax believes one-goal games helped against Yale
- Kevin Rice named first team All-District
- Carmelo shouldn’t be scapegoated for Knicks’ early exit
- McPherson, McNabb to have their jerseys retired
» Related: Rashad Vaughn says he remains open in his recruitment
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.