Syracuse lost the player many people thought to be the quarterback of the future when Zach Allen of Texas decommitted following the coaching exodus to Buffalo in early January. But on Monday the pain subsided as SU received a verbal commitment from Mitch Kimble, a dual-threat quarterback out of Illinois that chose the Orange over North Carolina State. “I could just tell talking to the coaches and getting to know them and being around them,” Kimble said. “I knew that they wanted me, and I really considered that. It’s a big reason why I wanted to go there. I couldn’t be more excited.”
- Syracuse football lands commitment from dual-threat quarterback Mitch Kimble
- Orange land three-star CB Chauncey Scissum
- Monster offensive lineman Alex Hayes chooses SU
- Syracuse loses linebacker Devan Carter to Rutgers
- Let’s talk about the Syracuse guards
- How much does Syracuse miss James Southerland?
- Lacrosse ranked No. 12/13 in preseason polls
- Can Ryan Nassib reverse the Cuse quarterback curse?
- Two Orange alums are Super Bowl bound
- Predicting the Orange’s remaining challenges
- Brittney Sykes named to Big East honor roll
- Kris Joseph headed to France
» Got a link or a website you’d like to see here? Let us know
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.