The Juice Online is a Syracuse sports blog affiliated with the SNY blog network based in New York, NY.
The Big Orange was founded in 1992. The publication was one of approximately 50 independent publications devoted to the coverage of its school’s athletics programs. The Big Orange was a weekly/bi-weekly print publication until 2002 when it became The Juice, a glossy monthly print magazine which was owned by Fox Sports. The print product ceased publication in June of 2010 and was relaunched as SUJuiceOnline.com in December of 2010.
In February 2012, The Juice Online partnered with SportsNet New York, the official television home of the New York Mets, Jets and the Big East Conference. As part of SNY.tv’s Blog Network, The Juice Online supplements SNY’s coverage of more than 125 college football and basketball games, as well as other college sports programming.
In February 2014, The Juice Online formed a partnership with the ACC Digital Network to provide television-quality, cross-platform digital video, covering Syracuse and ACC athletics, featuring both live programming and original on-demand content throughout the entire year.
You would be working in the Carrier Dome, covering some football, men’s lacrosse, and men’s basketball games. You also have the opportunity to cover women’s basketball games. You need to be able to capture, process, and post photos on your own equipment; providing at least one photo at the moment the game ends for an “instant” recap post.
Games are assigned based on scheduling and editorial decisions.
This position is unpaid. You retain the rights to your photos.
- Attend football, lacrosse, and/or basketball games to which you are assigned
- Follow the game action, take photos
- Edit and post photos to the website
- Conduct yourself professionally as a representative of The Juice Online
- Communicate with The Juice Online editors and writers before, during, and after games
- 1-3 years experience taking photos YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FORMALLY TRAINED AS A PHOTOGRAPHER
- Experience taking sports photos preferred
- Must be able to provide your own equipment for taking and processing photos
- Good organizational and critical thinking skills
- Must be physically able to sit for long periods of time, and keep up with game action
Send resume (does not need to be photography resume), brief cover letter, and links to work samples to Kicia Sears at kksears[at]syr.edu.