Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in to discuss the team making The Basketball Tournament Final Four with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Matt Dagostino then calls in to discuss Orange alum in the NBA Summer Leagues.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Boeheim’s Army rallied from a 16-point halftime deficit to defeat Team FOE 72-67 to head to the Final Four. I still have no idea how you guys did it, so how did you do it?
Kevin Belbey: Our guys, they didn’t give up. Ryan Blackwell did a great job of putting five guys on the floor, who maybe not our five most talented guys, well maybe they are, but put five guys that weren’t going to give up and play as hard as possible. Credit to him for the adjustments and credit to our guys for continuing to fight, little by little. Not to be too cheesy here, but the crowd really changed the game. It was a packed house at LIU Brooklyn, a much smaller gym than the Carrier Dome, so, it got very, very loud in there. I don’t think Team FOE expected us to start making shots. I certainly know they didn’t expect that crowd and that gym to get so loud. It 100 percent rattled them and changed the game for us.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in
2. Comeback from 25 points down
3. SU crowd played a factor
4. Recruiting Riley to the team
5. Facing Overseas Elite
6. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Matt Dagostino calls in
7. Tyler Lydon’s NBA debut
8. Rakeem Christmas’ performance
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017