Jordan Tucker, one of the top remaining recruits in the 2017 class, committed to Duke on Saturday at noon.
The 6-foot-7 wing out of Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler had narrowed his choices down to Duke and Syracuse, and had visited the Blue Devils earlier in the week.
Syracuse has three committed players in its 2017 class, including center Bourama Sidibe, wing Oshae Brissett and guard Howard Washington.
Syracuse swung and missed on another top recruit in the 2017 class.
Originally, Kevin Knox was on track to head to the Blue Devils before he changed course and committed to Kentucky. With an available scholarship, Duke offered Tucker, who had decided on Syracuse over Georgia Tech earlier in the week.
There are plenty of similarities to Syracuse’s recruitment of Quade Greene, who initially had Syracuse in the lead before he committed to Kentucky. It also raises fears that SU’s recruiting will slow down after its lead recruiter, Mike Hopkins, took the head coaching position at Washington.
Other options for Syracuse include wing Sid Wilson, who recently reclassified to 2017. The Orange could also jump in the graduate transfer market again, as SU expressed has interest in Geno Thorpe, a 6-foot-4 guard from USF.
Syracuse’s 2017-18 roster is far from complete.
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017