Jordan Tucker, one of the top remaining recruits in the 2017 class, committed to Duke on Saturday at noon.
The 6-foot-7 wing out of Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler had narrowed his choices down to Duke and Syracuse, and had visited the Blue Devils earlier in the week.
Syracuse has three committed players in its 2017 class, including center Bourama Sidibe, wing Oshae Brissett and guard Howard Washington.
Syracuse swung and missed on another top recruit in the 2017 class.
Originally, Kevin Knox was on track to head to the Blue Devils before he changed course and committed to Kentucky. With an available scholarship, Duke offered Tucker, who had decided on Syracuse over Georgia Tech earlier in the week.
There are plenty of similarities to Syracuse’s recruitment of Quade Greene, who initially had Syracuse in the lead before he committed to Kentucky. It also raises fears that SU’s recruiting will slow down after its lead recruiter, Mike Hopkins, took the head coaching position at Washington.
Other options for Syracuse include wing Sid Wilson, who recently reclassified to 2017. The Orange could also jump in the graduate transfer market again, as SU expressed has interest in Geno Thorpe, a 6-foot-4 guard from USF.
Syracuse’s 2017-18 roster is far from complete.
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017