Syracuse (11-2, 4-0 ACC) will finish off its regular season when it travels to Hamilton to play Colgate (5-8, 3-5 Patriot League) on Saturday at noon, continuing a series that started back in 1921.
The Orange is coming off a 16-15 loss in the first round of the ACC Tournament, while Colgate defeated Lafayette 11-6 last Friday.
- This will be the first game since John Desko was named ACC Coach of the Year and Sergio Salcido was voted ACC Offensive Player of the Year. Salcido is second on the team with 45 points, and holds the third most assists in a single season (30) by an Orange midfielder.
- In Syracuse’s 18-3 win last season at the Carrier Dome, the Syracuse coach John Desko went to his bench once the game was out of hand. It provided valuable experience for then-freshmen Brad Voigt and Nate Solomon, who each scored points in the game. Solomon and Voigt have gone on to have productive sophomore seasons.
- Colgate has plenty to look forward to in 2018, with five of its top scorers returning. Its leading scorer, Sam Cleveland, is just a sophomore, and has notched 35 points on 18 goals and 17 assists this season. He is followed in scoring by junior Anthony Abbadessa (32), freshman Griffin Brown (29), freshman Nicky Petkevich (25) and junior Chase Wittich (20).
- It will be a good final tuneup for Ben Williams heading into the NCAA Tournament. Though Desko will likely rest Williams later in the contest, he will be facing off against Collin Orr, who has won 147-259 (56.8 percent) at the X this season. Williams had an up-and-down performance against North Carolina in the ACC Tournament, winning just 16 of 34 faceoffs.
- This will be the 59th time that SU has played Colgate, with the Orange up on the series 46-11-1. SU has a four game winning streak against the Raiders, and Desko holds a 6-2 record.
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017