The Class of 2018 is chock full of typical Syracuse recruits as well. If SU doles out its three remaining scholarships for this year and no one from next year’s team transfers or leaves for the NBA, Boeheim would have one scholarship to award that it gets back based on how the NCAA doled out scholarship restrictions. If Battle and Thompson erupt into the players they project to be, both could depart early for the NBA. So Syracuse could have anywhere from one to four scholarships assuming Battle and Thompson both leave and Syracuse saves a scholarship from the Class of 2017. Here are five names in 2018 to keep an eye on.
A 6-foot-8, 3-star power forward with range from beyond the arc might remind a few folks of Tyler Lydon. It also helps that he plays at St. Andrew’s School in Barrington, RI; the same school that produced former players Demetris Nichols and Michael Carter-Williams.
Another 6-foot-8 power forward, Roberts already plays at Brewster Academy. He and Wright would be teammates if the latter does follow through on plans for a prep year. Roberts currently is listed with “high” interest in Syracuse according to CuseNation.com.
This 4-star, 6-foot-3 point guard from Washington, DC recently listed Syracuse in his final six along with Kansas, Villanova, Maryland, Virginia, and Notre Dame.
Standing at 6-foot-8, King’s a 5-star small forward at Hudson Catholic Regional High School in Jersey City, NJ. He also lists “high” interest in Syracuse according to CuseNation.com.
Right down the Thruway in Rochester, Williams is a 6-foot-6, 3-star small forward/shooting guard.
It’s obviously still early, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. SU is still pursuing top talent in the 2018 class.
- The good and bad of Syracuse football’s win over Central Connecticut - September 6, 2017
- Syracuse football’s recruiting low rankings are deceptive upon closer look - August 3, 2017
- Summer updates on Syracuse basketball, football recruiting - July 13, 2017
- 2018 Syracuse football recruiting off to a fast start - June 19, 2017
- A look at Syracuse basketball’s 2018 targets - May 4, 2017
- Who is Syracuse basketball still recruiting in the class of 2017? - May 3, 2017
- It’s been a busy offseason for Syracuse football - April 7, 2017
- Syracuse basketball already in a busy offseason - April 5, 2017
- How did Syracuse basketball wind up squarely on the NCAA bubble? - March 3, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse football’s 2017 NLI Signing Day - February 3, 2017